Thursday, August 13, 2009

the flat screen

Day 350 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I’ve blabbed about it and what a great deal I got, so I suppose I should show you a picture of what I bought to watch my DVDs on.



Okay, it’s not a Sony or Toshiba - it’s a Prima. But let’s face it, there are only 3 manufacturers of flat panel TVs on this earth. One in Japan and two in Korea I believe. The Prima set is made by the same manufacturer as the Panasonic, so I think it should be okay quality.

And flat panels have been out for over a decade now the so the technology is nothing new.

I’m actually getting used to the size of the screen now, and it feels just about right. You see, I don’t have perfect vision for distance and the larger screen helps me pick out things I’m sure I’ve missed for many years when I watched on the 24 inch I used to have.

The only thing I’ve never liked is how movies are 2:35 ration and the TV itself is only 1:78 ratio. So, you still end up with a strip of black above and below the actual images on your TV. I can get rid of that by using the ‘zoom’ function but then you are cutting off some of the picture.

But that is not a complaint and most (well newer anyhow) TV shows are shot in widescreen now and the realeased as DVD sets in 1:78 filling every pixel your widescreen TV without distortion.

And that is what I watch most of anyway, TV shows.

And now, it’s back to writing.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment