Friday, August 28, 2009

earth shattering KaBoom?

Day 365 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Holy Crap!

I actually did it!

Blogging for 365 days in a row . . .

In truth, since I set this goal, I knew I would make it.

Um, yeah . . . like you, I’m excited about its end too.

And for this last post, I was thinking maybe some great photography, or perhaps an audio bit, or a song, or a novel announcement . . .

. . . instead, you are getting only these written words with no added bonuses.

A letdown I know, but after 365 days of this, I’m not really up to much except ending this insanity.

So, year in review?

Well, I got a new computer, ditched the mind-and-body-crippling cube-squatting job, became a full-time writer, gave a talk in a high school and finished Fallout 3 . . .

Great accomplishments, or routine activities in just about any person’s life?

I’m not sure, and I don’t think it really matters one way or the other. What matters most in the end, I think, is the setting of reasonable, if challenging, goals and then the attaining of them.

So I was reading David Gemmell last night (Dark Moon) - man what a shame he died so young - this man was an epic fantasy writing genius. I beg you to pick up just about any of his novels and enjoy - if you like epic fantasy, that is.

Well, as you can read this post is about as dull as a rusty butter knife, and I think I’m going to end it - now - to save you any more pain.

Thanks to all those crazy enough to pop by here regularly and see what I put up on display.

I’ll be back on occasion (just not every day) to relay information about how my new career is progressing and other interesting tidbits, like maybe some more weird science articles or short stories, but for the foreseeable future I look forward to enjoying some blog-off time.

My Mornings, from now on, will be exclusively novel writing times - maybe in another 365 days I can show you a nice shiny new book cover with my name on it - even if I have to draw it myself . . .

Been a slice!

Until . . . tomor . . . er . . . the next time . . .

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:50 am

    Congrats!

    You did it! I guess we're both thinking, what next? And you've inspired me. I'm seriously thinking about doing a 365 days of cello, or maybe I'll stick with the 100 days before Christmas one that we tried last year.

    Again! Good writing. And looking forard to that shiny new book out in print!

    Carol Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zilla's Other Half9:51 am

    Well done - even if your heart wasn't in it the whole time. :) So now get cracking on that novel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eugene12:15 pm

    Grats!


    Its going to be strange not reading your daily posts. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on ya for stickin' it through to the end. Now, get back to that novel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grondzilla11:13 pm

    OK then...time to sharpen that quill I guess.

    ReplyDelete