Thursday, August 20, 2009

district 9

Day 357 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

So, I went out last night and saw me this film called District 9.

Wow, is my first response. It was pretty damn impressive, if filled with unanswered questions and a few niggling issues I had with it.

It’s shot in a sort of CNN news coverage way, and believe me, if you have that motion issue with video games then this movie on a 50 foot screen will make you positively ill with all the hand held and motion shots.

I don’t want to give much away except to say it’s not a Hollywood glitz movie by any stretch, and it deals with how I think, and obviously the makers think, we humans would behave in this very situation.

It’s a bit gory too, but not overly much by today’s standards. The CGI is very realistic and there weren’t actually any moments while I was watching when I was thinking - hey, that’s just CGI crap.

Overall, go out and see this movie - if you don’t suffer motion sickness that is, because it is worthy of your time.

And please, for the love of all things art like and shiny I hope they - NEVER, EVER, EVER make a District 10.

EVER!

Just let this film stand on its own and let it be.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment