Friday, July 31, 2009

so ends July

Day 337 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Not exactly an end of the month review since it’s a day early, however, thought I would share a few details of leaving the rails - as it were.

As far as reading goes I’ve got the yearly target beat already - 5 months early. So, good for me on that count.

The writing though has taken a beating this month and I’ve actually accomplished about 50 % of what I intended.

I endeavour to do better in August.

Some good news came along yesterday too.

It would appear my wife has been offered permanent employment - she was only contract and subbing last year - so this is welcome news indeed.

So, the plan to dump my old employer and seek out a new life was not so insane after all. I’m not surprised though as my wife is very determined and very smart - kinda knew that when I made my decision earlier this year to jump ship and try this writing thing full time.

Which means, starting next month, I’m going to give it a try at “full time” again, less the one week of planned vacation already scheduled.

Until tomorrow . . .

2 comments:

  1. Zilla's Other Half1:04 pm

    Was this related to the 'interview' the other day? And congrats to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it was - life can be funny like that, at the most peculiar times.

    ReplyDelete