Friday, July 03, 2009

sad state

Day 309 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, after thirteen years without cable TV hook-up, I finally got to see some Wimbledon tennis matches this year.

No, I did not break down and pay for cable. My folks are up, and at their hotel they have TV, and hence Wimbledon.

What I noticed, watching the Roddick/Hewitt match, was that these guys (at least these two) were not very good. And these are some of the top players in men’s tennis right now?

No wonder Federer cleans the floor on a regular basis with these guys. It seems only Nadal (now out with knee injuries) can give him a run for the money.

I’ve been saying it for years, but tennis these days is mostly all about how hard you can hit the serve and ground strokes to generate aces and winners.

Sad state of affairs.

I really miss the finesse of the late Seventies and early Eighties tennis matches.

Oh well, at least I’ll get to see Federer make all time history as he cleans (probably Murry’s) clock this Sunday.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment