Friday, July 10, 2009

plan 9 from inner space

Day 316 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well it looks like my dry spell is coming to an end.

I’ve had my summer vacation now and it’s time to get back to the grind of daily writing.

Today I’m going to print out everything I’ve done on my novel in its second re-write, read it over and see how it should really end.

I’ll be writing a first second draft (if you follow me) of the end. I know how it’s all going to end (with what I hope is a pretty cool final scene) but that final fath to the ultimate conclusion is still a bit foggy. I’m hoping the printout and re-read of what I have so far will clarify what needs doing for the final journey.

If all goes well I will still meet my self imposed deadline of August 1st. Then it’s off to the races again with edits, then a third and final draft - after that it’s off to try and find a publishing house.

Then, when all of that is happening, novel number two will get a first draft. It’s more a true Science Fiction than this one I’m currently working on.

Well, I best see if I have enough printer cartridge left to print what amounts to about 150 plus pages.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment