Monday, July 27, 2009

like sands through the hourglass

Day 333 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

These be the daze of my life . . .

Okay, I may have glimpsed a Soap on TV once, or twice, during my lifetime.

Anyhow, this is my new timer for my writing sessions.



And you are immediately asking - How did I find it?

Believe it or not, I was at Chapters yesterday and voila - they have these things. A bookstore carrying hourglasses - I was like, okay then - um, how much?

It’s not a true hourglass though because it only times for 15 minutes - however, that is the perfect amount of time for getting one star on my calendar for writing.

Oh, and for scale - the Talosian is about 3 inches high which makes the 1/4 hourglass about 5 inches high . . . no telling how high I am, but I'm not in the picture, which avoids the whole issue . . .

So, I’m keen on using it today (first time) and getting some of my writing up on a website which requested that I do so. Me, getting a request for my writing - very nice and odd and exciting and, oh, it's not for money . . .

I’ll post the link once it actually happens.

The life of a writer may not be as exciting as a stunt double or a mercenary - but it does lead one into very strange other worlds and neat little adventures on occasion.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment