Monday, July 13, 2009

late nights three

Day 319 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I’m feeling dragged over the coals from the activities of the last three nights.

Long night one was our offspring’s sleep over. The house gets invaded and I feel displaced. I did not get a good sleep because I stayed up and watched Stardust until after midnight once the girls finally went to bed.

Good movie, by the way.

Long night two was our reading night, and despite it being fun, it too lasted until after midnight and I was up at around 6 AM the next day.

Which brings me to long night three, our D&D night (yes, after midnight again last night) when I finally fell off to sleep. I did manage to take down three adversaries with magic missiles in the final battle though - which was a blast (actually, several of them).

And I’ve gotten so into the habit of going to bed around 10 and getting up at 6 now that I can’t seem to switch it. Problem is when I go to bed really late I still get up at 6 and so lose sleep.

Tonight I’m getting back to routine.

Until Twilight Imperium night, which I’m trying to schedule right now for this coming week.

Until tomorrow . . .

2 comments:

  1. Grondzilla11:21 am

    You really have to shake that waking habit. Sleeping in is a luxury you deserve at this point. Tell your brain to piss off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha.

    I know, but it seems I've transfered the early-wake-to-commute into the early-wake-to-write.

    A much better switch and use of my time, but still the early rise syndrome remains.

    I will work of having the brain "piss off" once in a while.

    :)

    ReplyDelete