Thursday, July 02, 2009

late month in review

Day 308 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, this last month (June) sees me almost completing my reading goal for the year already.

I’ve finished 26 novels so far this year and it looks like there is not to much in the way of let-up for the coming months. I’m a mere 1,500 words from my goal of 10,000. Next year I think I’ll make it 15,000 words.

On a post-apocalyptic theme I picked up some “Deathlands” novels and read the first one. Wow, the writing is damn good. It looks like one of those lame series that never ends, but it is the closest thing I’ve read to Fallout 3 yet - and, as I’ve said, it’s well written.

Well, the first book “Pilgrimage to Hell” is anyhow.

As to my writing goals I’m working on Chapter 13 which is the second last chapter of my novel, ‘Typhoon Rising’. It’s getting harder going because as I near the end of the second re-write a lot is changing and so the original first draft is starting to unravel a bit.

It’s a fun challenge, but it will take me about two more weeks or more to unwind the yarn I’ve knotted up now.

Watched our town’s fireworks from our window last night. We have a house situated in just the right place to do that from the second floor. Then afterwards my daughter goes straight to bed. It’s ideal. No crowds, no mosquitoes and no traffic to contend with afterwards.

Well, a bit rushed today with swimming lessons and singing practice for my offspring.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment