Saturday, July 04, 2009

high calories

Day 310 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

With the visiting of my folks comes the dinners containing vast amounts of calories. Everything is fried, or rather deep-fried, in butter and any condiment is the highest fat product on the market.

I feel as though I’ve gained about ten pounds already this past five days.

Luckily I have only only two more days to endure before I can get back to eating enough food in one day for one day, instead of one week.

My aging body is not used to eating such rich foods either and so there is always a lingering feeling of illness afterwards.

Not my idea of fun.

But it will pass, and it makes them happy.

Today’s meal will not include pounds of meat. This may be a first.

Oh, and to all you Americans out there - Happy 4th of July!

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment