Tuesday, July 28, 2009

hafta reburn

Day 334 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

In the transfer of music from my old machine to my new machine much, of my collection was lost, or just plain refused to transfer.

It was a comedy of system errors between corrupt burned CDs to my machine wanting to reboot for no reason half-way through a transfer, etc. I was frustrated back then and gave up on it.

So that was then, and now that it’s now, I’m back to ripping all the stuff that didn’t make it over on the initial horrendous transference.

It’s been going pretty quickly because I think the new machine is a tad bit faster than the old, plus it has a lot more RAM to play with during the process.

You see, I really need my tunes in order to write. I’ve become so accustomed to listening to everything from Bach to Kraftwerk while I construct stories and novels that I was feeling a loss with half of my collection missing.

I’m happy to report that I only have about 30 more CDs to rip and my collection will be complete once more.

Now, back to the white screen and the words which will soon be filling it.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment