Thursday, July 30, 2009

giving in

Day 336 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Urges.

We all get them and mine are appearing in the form of must-write-short-story impulses right now.

So, I’m thinking, I should indulge myself and crank out another short. I already thought of the idea before I woke up this morning. It will be another tale of Morley Fenn, private eye caught in a harsh universe where Cthulhu is more than just a Mythos.

I know, I know - the novel!

I’m having a hard time buckling down to such a huge project this summer. As I’ve previously mentioned, and so I think, with my days kinda screwed up as they are with vacations and the house a bustle of activity, I’d set my sights on shorter works until September when I will then get down to this novel business - and finish it once and for all.

It may be a running away from the larger work during this summer, but maybe it’s what I need for the moment.

July is almost over and August’s schedule of activities is even more intense.

Waiting for September then, and come November 1st where I’ll start shopping my novel around and beginning on another.

Until tomorrow . . .

1 comment:

  1. Zilla's Other Half10:21 am

    I think indulging in allowing yourself to write is a good thing. The book will come. Don't sweat it.

    ReplyDelete