Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Canada day eh

Day 307 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

So, if you haven’t guessed it yet - I’m Canadian.

So what, you say.

Well, I’m kind of with you on that one. I mean, as far as I’m generally concerned, I’m just another biological entity surviving on this ball in the middle of nowhere and what a country is called where I live is pretty much irrelevant to that.

Still, as far as where I was born, I think Canada was a damn lucky stroke for me.

For starters we have some of the world’s best comedians. I guess living in close proximity to the US has always made us laugh . . .

We have the most tenacious mosquitoes too - maybe not as nasty as those in Africa, but still they rank up there with any blood-sucking creatures on the globe.

And Billy Shatner, I mean come on already - the guy’s a legend in his own mind and a few others.

I think I’m just going to stop right there before I tear up and gush all over the page.

And, poutine is awful - really, really awful!

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment