Thursday, July 23, 2009

behind the curtains

Day 329 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

So I mentioned 10 bookshelves in my lair.

And you probably rolled your eyes and thought - another exaggeration.

Well, here is a picture of the wall behind my writing center. It shows half of the bookshelves in my lair, and pretty much encompasses the to-be-read books waiting for me to get at.



Yes, I have a book collection problem.

This after purging around 500 books from my collection over the past two years.

Of course, if I hadn’t bought another 300 more during that time, then the shelves would not be double stacked on the other 5 bookshelves you don’t see.

And today is the final day of paperwork for me and my former employer.

I’ll be taking my accumulated pension amount and removing it from the bumbling corp and putting it into my own hands.

Once this takes place (actual money transaction date Sept 1) all will be finished and I never have to think about that horribly stagnating and mind numbing place again.

Well, early bank appointment and then much cleaning left to be done before the ladies return from their vacation.

Until tomorrow . . .

1 comment:

  1. Zilla's Other Half10:36 am

    Again I tell you - there is no such thing as a book problem! ;P Seriously, I just can't believe it possible to have too many books. As I look around my own discombobulated office, I note a ton of other junk I think I'd like to purge, but the books aren't part of that. :)

    ReplyDelete