Thursday, July 09, 2009

aquatics

Day 315 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Today is the day my offspring has her swim test in the hopes of advancing to the next level of fishiness.

She loves the water (maybe that's why one of her favourite bands is Aqua?) and is a good swimmer - well we shall see how good today.

I think they have to do a thousand laps and tread water for an hour and rescue dozens of drown victims - or something. Sadly, I mostly sit at the side of the pool and read while she does her thing, so I’m not totally clear on the specific details of what she has to do to pass.

But I’m there more for her moral support than to keep track of the specific activities she has to excel at to advance in the level - and to give her a lift in the car, mostly.

Today I’ll not bring a book and cheer her on.

Then tomorrow, the last day of the lessons, is going to be all games. Games in the pool. Her all time favourite activity.

Tomorrow I’ll bring a book again - at sit far away from the splash zone.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment