Monday, June 22, 2009

when will it end

Day 298 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I’m actually looking forward to NOT having to blog every day.

Hard as that is for you, humble reader, to believe.

I want to do fewer posts, but better posts, and this every day thing is well, you read the results here - every day.

It’s nothing much more than a running stream of drivel letting you know what I’m up to most days - as in a one-way chat line.

Bow. Ring.

So, I was walking the neighbourhood yesterday and I noticed a retro computer for sale. It’s an old 166 Pentium, and well, I got if for ten bucks.

Um, because I need it as a backup for writing, you know, in case . . .

Okay, I maybe snapped it up to play some ancient retro games on.

Sue me.

Still, a working computer for ten bucks? Its even Windows 98. So, yeah, not so retro. I was kind of hoping it would be a 386 or something, but it’s still pretty old.

There now, wasn’t it worth your coming here and finding out all about that?

That faint tinkling noise - it was a pin, wasn’t it.

Until tomorrow . . .

1 comment:

  1. Zilla's Other Half8:38 am

    Ah but your sarcasm drippith. ;P

    ReplyDelete