Monday, June 29, 2009

slow go

Day 305 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I’ve been cranking away every day on the novel, and it’s still not finished.

I don’t think this is unusual.

In fact I think it’s the norm.

But, it gets sort of frustrating. Still, I’ve not gone crazy on it - like writing ten hours a day or anything - and that has allowed me to continue working on it every day without the gag reflex.

Two more chapters to go and then I’ll be sitting on a completed second draft.

Which will then need editing and a third draft, after which it will need some fresh eyes to look it over and make some suggestions heading for a fourth and final draft and then it’s off for submissions to publishing houses.

It’s a long dark road and I’m sort of stumbling along in the fog, but I know somewhere out of this quagmire there will be sunshine - Oh, and then the next novel, of course.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment