Tuesday, June 23, 2009

rat sick

Day 299 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, it always come to this with rats.

Their life span is pretty short, like 2-3 years. Both of our boys are now pushing 1 1/2.

And now, one of ours if quite sick and I’m not even sure if he is going to make it through another week.

He has the dreaded rat lung problem and is losing weight at an alarming rate.

I’m trying my best to get him to eat. I take him out of his home twice a day and give him a nice bowl of yogurt and some water. Bowl one of yogurt is spiked with antibiotics, but he doesn’t seem to notice as it gets licked up pretty quick.

I nursed one rat back to health that way last year. I’m trying this method again with another.

Oh, his name is Snow.

Let’s hope he makes it.

Otherwise Fluffy is going to be lonely in his old age.

Until tomorrow . . .

1 comment:

  1. Zilla's Other Half5:00 pm

    Isn't Snow the newer one? I hope he gets better...

    ReplyDelete