Monday, June 01, 2009

month in review

Day 277 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, I thought I would actually get the previous month in review done on the first of the month instead of forgetting it until later or altogether.

So, with regards to writing every day.

If you count this blog, that would be a yes. If not, then no. But this no means that 2 days in May I did not work on my novel. Not too bad, I think.

For June I’m planning on working on it every single day without fail. We shall see July first how that played out.

I’m currently struggling through the rewrites of chapter 10. What has happened is that during the creation of the first draft the back end of the novel got kind of rushed and summarized like. So, this second draft is a combination of first draft (filling in rushed or truncated sections) and second draft - rewriting what was already there - and this takes more time.

I’m still hoping to have a finished product by September or October so I can shop it around and get working on my next novel. If possible, I would like to be able to have one novel written and then shopped around per year.

As far as book reading goes, I’ve blown past the 5,000 page mark weeks ago and the year is not even half over yet so my target of a minimum of 10,000 pages will be easily met - unless I just stop reading, which is not going to happen.

So, as far as a month goes - not a bad one for my goals.

And, totally unrelated but on my mind, watch the news about 8:00 AM this morning ro anytime thereafter. A big company is filing for chapter 11 today, a big company that was run by arrogant twits for decades.

Twits that could not read the writing on the barn wall in sixty foot neon letters for the past twenty years or so.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment