Sunday, June 14, 2009

metal mesh filter

Day 290 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I bought one of those fine metal mesh coffee filters a long while ago and just recently found it again among a lot of clutter in one of our kitchen drawers.

So, I decided to give it another go this morning.

And it works, but it takes about six times longer for the coffee to drip through it than using a regular paper filter and cone device.

The coffee tastes just as good though so I may, since I have time now anyhow, start to use it every morning. It will save a little bit of paper and plastic over the long haul.

Not that I’m exactly hug-a-tree rabid fanatic for preserving all things environment.

And a good friend of mine said to me long ago, that if humans are indigenous then what we get up to is a natural part of this planet’s evolution. So, if we use resources like mad, detonate nuclear devices and generally screw the place over - well, it’s natural.

Okay, you don’t buy it, but it does make a kind of Zenian sense to me. Anyhow, I’ll do what I think it right, you do what you think is right and if we don’t exchange gunfire, well, then we are doing okay to preserve the peace.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment