Monday, June 15, 2009

day of the talent

Day 291 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Today my offspring will be playing her cello in front of her entire school.

And she is nervous.

Yes, it’s talent show day at her school. Both her mom and I are proud that she tried out, and got in, but mostly proud she was brave enough to try out in the first place.

I’ve mentioned this before, but she is a good little cellist. She’s been playing now for 7 years.

She has done maybe 50 concerts already, with other kids playing usually though some solo concerts as well, but today she is going to be judged by her classmates and peers. A different story. I feel for her.

Both mom and dad will be at the performance though, which, now that I think about it, may actually make her even more nervous.

Here’s wishing her good luck.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment