Saturday, June 20, 2009

cello in the rain

Day 296 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Today, this morning really, I’m taking the offspring to another cello rehearsal for another concert coming up next week.

And it’s raining pretty hard.

I wonder how they managed this kind of thing in Europe in the 1600's when cars were not around. Horse and carriage I guess. I wonder what kind of cases they had their cello’s protected in for the trip to the master’s house for concert practice?

I know, I could find out but I’m feeling lazy this morning.

And why is it mosquito central in my house today? I feel like they are breeding in here. Either that or the door was left wide open all night with an “all-you-can-eat-buffet” sign blinking in mosquito language out front.

I have four bites and had to squash two of the buggers this morning already.

And I know I sound like a wimp but back where I grew up I could be bitten ten times a minute and not even notice - but around here the mosquito’s are toxic, I swear.

Well, gotta get things packed up for the hike to practice-ville.

Until tomorrow . . .

1 comment:

  1. Zilla's Other Half9:49 am

    I hadn't even previously considered it before, but they can breed in your sump pump hole - if you have one. It, and the cistern, are likely how we get mosquitos here in the winter too.:(
    And the smallest hole in your screen will let the little beggers in....

    ReplyDelete