Tuesday, June 02, 2009

bad fence good fence

Day 278 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

So I thought I was the spike fence guru after building one almost 200 feet long - which by the way is still standing and looking good.

What went wrong with the one at our new house?

Um, don’t build a solid 6 foot high fence on spikes if you live in Hurricane Alley. THe last one was staggered slats and 5 feet which works well.

That about explains it my troubles, no?

Anyhow, I am planning to tear it down and put up a 4 or 5 foot chain-link fence which is much better at withstanding the gale force breezes that blow through our yard what seems like every other damn day.

I’ve not done chain-link before so have no idea how much of a pain it is to install. What I will do though is make sure the support beams are at least 4 feet (or deeper) into the ground. Let the winds suck (or blow) on that kind of anchorage!

And yes, it is Tuesday again - day of the rush - day of the should-have-written-a-blog-yesterday day and posted ahead of time.

Will I ever learn?

Probably not.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment