Saturday, June 06, 2009

and the walls came down

Day 282 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Today will see one of my creations unmade.

The old fence in the backyard, the one bent and abused by the winds, is getting uprooted and dismantled.

But it’s not going to be scrapped. All the pressure treated wood will be turned into above ground gardens - and hence less grass to mow.

It stood the test of time though really. I mean, it’s been standing for seven years; it’s six feet tall, solid and built on spikes. Not too shabby to have it still there, albeit propped up, after at least three windstorms with winds in excess of 80 km per hour.

Still, it has served it purpose and now must transform - into chain link. I’m wondering if I should make it a 5 foot high or 4 foot high chain link fence in its place.

Anyway, I went to HD, the jumbo builder’s store, and they had this convenient work sheet that lists all the things you need to put up a chain link fence plus complete instructions too. This sheet is exactly what I need since I’ve never put one up before. It doesn’t look too hard, and I will have help from my good friend to do it so, how hard can it be?

I’m a bit sad to have to tear the old one down, but all molecules will eventually become rearranged in the end . . .

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment