Sunday, June 07, 2009

4 or 5

Day 283 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Not sure what height to build the new fence.

If the new fence if too low then hoodlums can easily jump it and I could have to be screaming at kids to ‘get off my lawn’ while I wave my cane.

So, I’m thinking 5 feet instead of 4 feet. But, my neighbours fence is four feet even at the back and he doesn’t seem to get a lot of fence jumpers.

So, in the essence of economy (yes it is cheaper) and having more post in the ground I’m thinking 4 foot fence.

I still have a few days to mull it over before I make the purchase.

And, interestingly enough, every one of the spikes (from the old fence) except one was actually broken off. Seems that after five or six years the welds give way on those spikes and ‘snap’ you have a fence just sitting in a bracket sitting on the ground.

Pretty crappy design if you ask me. Why make a fence spike so crappy that it snaps off after a few years?

Oh, I forgot, we are in a retarded disposable consumer culture where everything is designed to crap out after a very short time so people will have no choice but to toss the old one into landfill and rush out to buy buy buy buy another . . .

But I rant.

Anyhow, 4 feet it is. And I’m going to cement in the posts. No more spikes or just driving the posts into the ground.

And any kids hopping the fence will have to deal with dandelions and vicious rabbits (bringing in the Monte Python breed) if they do - oh, and a good yelling if I catch them.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment