Thursday, May 14, 2009

three times a week

Day 259 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

That’s how much I’m playing tennis these days.

In fact, I can fit in Thursday morning tennis now.

No, I won’t crow on about why I can anymore.

My game is still pretty rusty, but I’m not trying to get so much better like I was before. I am getting older and don’t need to perform like a 20 year old these days.

I don’t feel that urge like I used to on the courts. I’m not even playing competitive league tennis this year. It was a lot of driving and I don’t feel like going at it like a crazy person once a week.

So I’ve gotten in the groove of leisure tennis, and it’s working fine. Less chance of hurting myself as well, and that is a good thing.

So, if the rain holds off this morning I’ll be out on the courts at 9:30 - if not I’ll still pick up my small weights and do a routine to keep in shape.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment