Saturday, May 16, 2009

that potter kid

Day 261 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

So, I’m finally reading ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’.

Yes, I’ve read the first four too. I read the first three in rapid succession back in the Harry Potter craze days - remember the Halloween when every little boy was Harry and every little girl was Hermione? Yeah, it was during that time.

Well, my daughter is reading through the books now, and I thought I would join her since she has made her way to Phoenix.

I recall my first impressions way back, after the first three. I found the first book very inventive and fun to read, then came the second, which was a repeat of the first, and the third was a repeat of the first two, and I gave up the series then.

Until now.

I’ve found that Rowling retains the humour of the first three starting with the fourth, but by the end of the fourth (Goblet of Fire) the whole series takes a sinister turn around a corner, morphing from a young adult series into an adult one.

At least that is my impression. I know Harry is growing older (one year for each book) and maybe that is the reason the tone gets darker and the plot gets thicker (with blood), but I must say I am enjoying it quite a lot.

I’m only a third of the way through ‘Phoenix’, but plan to polish the whole thing off pretty soon.

And what we have been doing is watching the movie right after we both finish a book. I think ‘Half-Blood Prince’ is already shot on film, no?

Well, lots to read and much to write.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment