Friday, May 22, 2009

steel chalice

Day 267 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I looked for about fifteen minutes this morning for my insulated stainless steel coffee mug, the one I use religiously each morning for my coffee.

Where did I find it, eventually?

In my daughter’s bag for her Guide’s camp this weekend. If there is one thing I don’t like, it’s others messing with my holy relics - oh, and things that don’t work like they are supposed to.

Yes, there are many names for my personality type. The one starting with a capital “A” most likely comes to your mind.

And I’m all achy this morning too, helping to fuel the grouch within. You see, I played almost four hours of tennis yesterday - and I’m not 20 anymore.

And so the aches are pretty much all over my body sceaming out for attention every time I make a move. If I were to count each individual ache, I could deduce from this just how many muscles are in the human body.

It’s only 7:00 in the morning, but I feel the day is already going to be one big rush for me. I have about 30 domestic jobs that need to be done, plus my morning of writing, and it’s going to be a few degrees hotter than the Sun’s chromosphere as well.

Did I mention grouchy?

So, I’ll start at it so I might be able to actually get a few of the thirty things on my list accomplished.

Like, right now.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment