Sunday, May 31, 2009

sleep over over

Day 276 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well the little one (well, she is actually getting to be medium sized now) had another girl over for a sleep over last night. I think they used to be called Pajama parties?

As you can well imagine, there was much giggling to be had.

I think they had a great time being together. They are still asleep as I write this. Playing with flashlights and Stuffies (their slang for stuffed animals) until midnight will have this effect on young girls.

I remember going to sleep overs myself when I was a kid. It was always great fun. That feeling of getting to play all day, and bonus night, at somebody else’s house.

And the food, and snacks, and treats and movies and everything taken care of just like magic.

What more could you want as a kid?

As adults, even though I feel like I’m still twelve or so, we have to regulate the activities and put our foot down when things get too out of control. Odd, being on the other end of this sort of thing.

I guess it’s what happens.

But for the rest of this morning, for them, it will be French toast, games and giggles.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment