Sunday, May 03, 2009

separation complete

Day 248 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

No, not the Space Shuttle from the International Space Station - but me from the auto maker I was once a slave, er, employee of.

I received my last actual paycheck from them two days ago. All that is left is to get my lump at the end of this month.

Finally, I think it is beginning to sink in. This is no longer feeling like a holiday. Writing full time is my way of life and new career and it feels right.

Sounds funny. Sounds crazy. But mostly it sounds life an ocean surf at dusk on a Caribbean island shore . . .

And I’ve gotten so busy the last few days I once again skipped the month in review - so without tons of detail I’ll just get on with it from out of my mind, to your mind.

Book reading is coming along nicely. 18 novels read so far this year for well over 5,000 words. My goal is to read 10,000 words by year end. I’ll have this one nailed by August or sooner if another reading frenzy strikes me.

I have been writing every day this year (as was the plan) and my novel is smoking along nicely. Chapter’s one through six are now in second draft form and I’m part way through seven. The entire novel is 13 chapters long.

And on a side note, since I left the cube I’ve actually dropped around 5 pounds. I’ll likely drop another 5 in this month and get to a weight I’ve been trying to get to without success while I was doing the corporate shuffle.

Well, I’ve got to get my writing done early today because other things are needing doing this morning and afternoon - so, I’ll away then.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment