Sunday, May 17, 2009

rotten robin

Day 262 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

But not Batman’s boy wonder.

The other one, with the tights and bow.

We watched ‘Robin Hood’ starring Kevin Costner and I must report that I haven’t seen a movie this bad since, well, “Driving Miss Daisy”.

It was so bad we actually fast forwarded entire sections. What killed the movie was Costner’s total inability to act. He was absolutely awful. Even Morgan Freeman couldn’t save it though he did try, a bit.

I know I shouldn’t criticize somebody unless I can do better myself (like that ever stopped me?) but Costner was just so bad he was painful to watch.

And long. Like two and half hours of bad acting and nothing much going on. You can get away with long if it’s entertaining, but don’t try it with bad acting and dull directing.

So, don’t ever watch Costner’s version or Robin Hood unless you have insomnia bad and need to numb your brain into catatonia. If you want a fun, well acted and exciting version, go for the classic with Erol Flynn and Basil Rathbone.

Nuff said.

Until Tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment