Tuesday, May 26, 2009

instant gratisfaction

Day 271 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Admit it - we all crave it.

We like to do something and be immediately recognized for it. That’s why Twitter works pretty well at satisfying that type of craving.

You post something, and seconds later you get responses to it.

If you are well known that is.

Otherwise you post, and wait, and most likely never get any feedback of any sort, ever. I’ve been fairly lucky over at Twitter. I made Brent Spiner’s top ten tweet list, had some good banter with quite a few other writers, and even made a few people laugh on occasion.

And I know, ‘gratisfaction’ is not a real word. But it fits pretty much what I find a lot of our society runs on these days. Want it now - get it now - want something else right after.

Good for the Dow Jones - probably not so good for the soul.

And as usual, I have only a couple minutes left before I have to dash out the door for my daughter’s lesson.

So who from the Buffyverse is on Twitter these days?

Well, there is Alyson Hannigan, Ton Lenk, Clare Kramer, Juliet Landau, Felicia Day, Nathan Fillion, and probably some more I’m forgetting in my rushed state.

So, if you are wanting some instant gratisfaction, pop over to Twitter and give it a go. If you are famous, you will attract hundreds or thousands of followers in a few days.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment