Tuesday, May 19, 2009

hither and yawn

Day 264 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

You would think by now I could maybe write this blog post the night before the day when I’m in a big rush in the morning?

Sounds logical and practical, and I just never seem to get it done.

I ended up reading (there’s a shocker) until late last night and so this blog is being hastily put together mere minutes before I have to get out the door and take my daughter to her cello lesson.

And it actually feels like getting up too early now at 6:00 AM.

To think, I used to get up at 4:45 AM every day, for the first 5 years of my working life, and travel 45 minutes one way commute - and I handled that just fine.

Now, 6:00 AM and a ten minute drive seem, well, a lot.

I think it’s great though, as it gets me out of the house with a purpose and my daughter is getting quite good at the cello.

She could be in an orchestra (like a really good one) when she grows up. If she cares to.

Did any of us really know what we wanted to do with the rest of our lives when we were in grade school? Maybe one in a million - the other nine hundred and ninety nine million plus were too busy playing and had no clue about what the real world offered anyhow.

I sure know I didn’t.

It think I wanted to be a vet, or fireman.

Not an Engineer.

And never one though about being a writer . . .

My, how the time and tides can change a man.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment