Wednesday, May 20, 2009

high traffic Tuesday

Day 265 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Seems like every activity our family does, outside the home, happens on, yup - Tuesdays.

I actually have three activities I would love to participate in and they all fall on Tuesday nights.

What are the odds?

Actually worse than one in seven, if you do the funky probability math, which I have long since forgotten how to do.

Let’s see. There is my league tennis (Tuesday night), there is my daughter’s baseball (Tuesday night) and the writer’s circle in our area which falls on (Tuesday night).

This is not to mention every course my wife has taken, and she is planning on taking more this year, fall on Tuesday night. If you guessed the night, you win a prize.

And my daughter’s cello practice falls very early on Tuesday, making me tired and cranky Tuesday night as it is . . .

Well, tired. Maybe not too cranky.

So it looks as though every Tuesday night I have to forsake two activities to participate in one.

Not fair . . .

Unless I can figure out how to clone myself, or get a funky charm like Hermione, which allows you to do more than one thing at the same time, I am just not going to be able to spread myself around and do them all as much as I would like.

I think if I ever organize anything for others, I’m not going to be trendy; I’ll set everything on Wednesday nights.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment