Wednesday, May 13, 2009

almost there

Day 258 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I’m finding this blog a bit much, but am determined to finish this marathon despite the lack of entertaining topics lately.

Then, afterwards, I will likely post only once or twice a week - a much more sane schedule.

In the meantime, I’m trying hard not to devolve into what I ate for breakfast, or what the weather is like.

But, when you have to come up with something every day, it’s tempting.

Is talking about my lawn boring?

I’ve mentioned this before, but I hate them. Hate them with a passion; lawns that is.

My solution is to throw down more and more clover seed each year in the hopes that the entire yard with become nothing but one huge clover patch.

So far it’s about 20 percent clover, 10 percent grass, 30 percent dandelions, 10 percent dead earth, and 30 percent unknown botanical entities.

Another five years or so and it should hit the 50 percent clover mark.

That is the plan.

Today I should finish re-writing chapter 8 of 13 of Typhoon Rising.

I’m getting there.

I know what is wrong with me this early morning. I went for three multi-mile walks yesterday and played 2 hours of tennis - and my daughter is home sick today.

Puts me off my game.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment