Thursday, May 21, 2009

all she wrote

Day 266 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, it’s absolutely official now.

I’m out of the Motors, once and for all.

They paid me off two weeks earlier than I was expecting - which says to me they are getting ready to file for bankruptcy.

They are paying their vendors early as well, and shutting down almost half of their dealerships.

Oh yah, they are in good shape, so please rush out and by a GM product . . .

I have so much to say about the internal workings of GM, but I’m not going to say much. I’ll comment that, in a broad statement, the high paid help at the Motors should have seen this coming for, say, twenty years or so.

Instead they stuck their heads in the sand (and other places) and hoped their market share would improve.

It didn’t guys. You do know how to watch trend lines, don’t you? That was just one of way too many bad moves that compounded to the current screw up that is the Motors.

And that’s about all I’m going to say on the matter. The door is closed on that part of my life and I say - good riddance!

On the super positive up side - I’m completely free now to pursue my own goals and objectives.

So, I’ve moved from full time cube squatter to full time writer in just under two months.

And you, humble reader, are probably wondering when my first novel is going to hit the stores?

Um, well, if I get it in shape by this September, and it actually gets sold (about 12-24 months of shopping and accumulating rejects), and then gets edited and printed and distributed . . .

. . . you could see it on your bookstore by late 2013 or early 2014.

Hey, in the writing business, that is lightening speed.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment