Sunday, April 26, 2009

thar she blows

Day 241 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, I don’t know what the weather was like around your neck of the woods yesterday, but around here we had a brief and violent tantrum from Mother Nature.

Yesterday, around supper time, a thunder storm blew in - and when I say blew in, I mean BLEW in.

We must of had wind gusts up to 80 miles per hour. Part of my fence blew down (well maybe not blew down exactly, but it was leaning at an unnatural angle, for a fence) and several huge pine trees came down in our town. And by huge, I’m talking 40 foot plus pine trees not the tiny Christmas variety.

This storm blew in with such intensity, lasted like two minutes, then was replaced by a gentle rain like nothing happened afterwards. Very odd.

And we didn’t lose power which was even odder. We can lose power just by having our power grid think a storm is coming, it's like the stock market that way.

Anyhow, I had to go out in the rain and pull my fence back up and tie it off to my neighbours; a much more intelligent metal chain link style.

Mine is a six foot solid wood one I built a couple years back. While good for keeping out stray pets and people, it is not good when the high winds come and blow on it. I need to do some structural enhancing this spring.

The party for the girls yesterday afternoon (before the storm) went very well and I’m happy to report they all had a good time bowling and playing at the arcade. My daughter now has 4 more stuffies (Webkins) to add to her ever growing collection. I’m glad I don’t need to feed them.

Best I get back to my writing this morning. Chapter 6 of 13 is now in process of re-writes. It’s slow work but the overall story is getting fleshed out better and the terrible grammar is starting to be just bad.

After re-write 3, 4, 5 and 6, I should have something to be proud of - and maybe paid for.

At least that is the plan.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment