Friday, April 17, 2009

teeth and tennis

Day 232 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, tennis is starting up here, in our quaint little town, in just under two weeks. I played some this winter in the bubble, until my hand got bad enough and I had to stop it and let it heal the rest of the season.

It feels good to be going back on the courts again soon and wielding the racket. During sign-up, while I was trying to say hello to fellow members, my daughter was raiding the donuts. I managed to stop her at three, but she is growing (again) and will pretty much eat the bark off trees right now if I don’t watch.

And today is dentist day - gotta get it done while I still have coverage. But that is going to run out by end of May, then my teeth will be 100% my responsibility, financially speaking. So, going to stop chewing on rocks starting today. It was a bad habit anyhow.

Well, I’m up pretty early so I can get cracking on my novel rewrites. It’s funny, but I’m doing much more writing, about double, as I did during NaNoWriMo 2007 - and I’m feeling less tired, cranky and each day I feel a little less like caning kids that cross my lawn . . .

Maybe this life at home writing really does suit me.

Until tomorrow . . .

cantankerous

No comments:

Post a Comment