Tuesday, April 28, 2009

teaching Thursday

Day 243 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

How surreal is this?

I’m going to be in a high school English class this week talking about short stories and maybe even reading them one of mine.

If this sounds as bizarre to you as it does to me, well that’s because it is - isn’t it?

I think the gist of my visit will be to show this class that not all people squat in cubes wiling away the time at computer terminals for others -some make alternate life choices with writing being one of them.

It can be done and I will be a living example of such.

Anyway, it sounds like fun. But I am so not teenage cool anymore (was I ever?) I will be looked upon as an old fogey for sure.

Maybe I should wear my Guinness T-shirt?

Well, more come when I know the day and I promise a report afterwards.

Humiliation, wherefor art thou humiliation?

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment