Thursday, April 16, 2009

settling in

Day 231 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I was asked today if I was getting bored at home . . .

Excuse me while I laugh, giggle or otherwise guffaw.

I am a creature of the home in every single way.

I hate commuting - check.

I’m not a real people person - check.

I love to wear comfortable clothes - check.

I shave only when I feel like it - check.

I work for myself - check.

I have no money . . . let me check . . .

Actually I’m doing very well at home looking after things. Let’s take yesterday as an example since I was in charge the entire day.

Got up around 6:00 AM, just because I did, not because I had to. Threw on my leisure wear and made a coffee and ate some cereal. Made my daughter’s lunch and wrote my blog. Gave my daughter her cello practice. Took my daughter to school (walked - not commuted). Came home and did my 2 hours of writing. Had a big salad for lunch. Made a double batch of oatmeal cookies. Did some grocery shopping (another walk). Read a book. Watched an Angel episode and did a load of laundry. Picked my daughter up from school (walked again). Made a loaf of bread with supper.

Now, this may sound like the kiss of death for many readers out there, but for me this is the life. I can do my creative writing (when I get a chance to fit it in during the day) and get many of the other things around the house done as well.

The only drawback I can see is the eventual running out of funds to continue this way of life. Should be good for a year or two though, and by that time I hope to have a writing career that can pay for, well at least, the electricity bill to keep my computer on.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment