Monday, April 27, 2009

not bored now

Day 242 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Three weeks have passed since my last day of the living torture I referred to as cube-squatting.

Everybody - and I mean everybody - keeps asking me if I’m bored being at home all day.

In the words of Warren Zevon, “You are never alone with a schizophrenic”.

Honestly people, being home, not commuting, writing, reading, cooking and tending to the home fires is absolutely what I’m all about.

So, no more “am I bored?” questions please.

You see, I have lots of DVD sets to watch, hundreds of books to read, tons of jobs that need doing and meals that need cooking every day. And the writing takes up pretty much my entire morning.

How could I possibly get bored?

But maybe, in true human fashion, the real question is not that question at all but rather, “how can you stand it?” or “aren’t you lonely?” or “why did you do it?”.

All I can say is that each person looks from their own perspective and puts themselves in my shoes and are really asking themselves the question, “wouldn’t I be bored doing that and go crazy?” This life is not for everybody, and some would go bonkers in short order, but, I am not you, and you are not me, and that is what makes this world an interesting place after all.

Now, I’ve got to get re-writing chapter 6 because I really want to shop this novel around by the fall.

Then I think, after lunch, I’ll finish watching season 5 of Angel.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment