Wednesday, April 08, 2009

no time for fooling

Day 223 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

This new career is going to absorb a lot of my time I know, and my schedule is nothing short of chaotic.

It’s a bit odd to have all day to fit your job in whenever you get a chance. To help me along I have laid out a very precise set of goals (time wise) for each day, up to and including all of June.

And I’ll be damned if I’m not going to meet or exceed them.

My immediate short term goal is to get a short story published as soon as I can. Bolster the old ego, if you will.

I know I can do it as I’ve done it three times before, but getting one sold now seems to take on more significance.

Does writing as a job vs writing as a hobby take away from the pleasure of creating?

Well, it’s a bit premature to speculate I think. Once I’m under some contractual deadline it may seem crazy and more “job” like. However, right now I’m putting in the quality time with my muse that I need to hone my craft.

And, to totally switch gears, you may have noticed an increase in blog length lately here at The Twisted Mind Emporium. It is completely attributable to the fact that I am no longer have on that damnable wrist cast.

I went in on Monday to have my wrist checked, and after consulting the rays, the bone doctor said it may not even be cracked at all. His advice - don’t play contact sports for a few weeks.

I can see why he gets paid the big bucks.

And contrary to my belief that the entire procedure would eat up about three hours of time, the entire event (from check in to check out) took only fifteen minutes.

Lucky for me I had a book for company as I was dropped off to be picked up again four hours later. I read about 200 pages. I am thinking my “month in review” of April is going to be a good one.

Well, much writing to do today and yes, the fear of failure looms large - but the sweet taste of success is just around the corner . . .

. . . or is that benzoic sulfinide? . . .

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment