Sunday, April 19, 2009

my fiction in high school

Day 234 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Literally!

I have the opportunity to have some of my work used in a high school English program.

This, to me, is damn funny, odd and surreal at the same time.

You see, I was a straight D student in English during my high school career (with the exception of Grade 13 where I got a C, remember that grade?) and now some of my short stories could be taught to high school students.

I actually hated English in high school, and it was, by far, my worst subject.

The irony of this situation is almost too much for me to take.

I may also have the opportunity to read some of my works for the class, and then answer questions afterwards.

I can picture it now . . .

Q: When did you start writing?

A: First year of my Engineering degree at University, during the dark ages.

Q: How much money do you make at it?

A: So far, over my 21 years of writing, I’ve made 84 dollars.

Q: Where do you get your ideas.

A: My Twisted Mind just spits them out. I catch them and transfer then into the written word.

Q: Is it a good job.

A: For lifestyle - absolutely. For Income - absolutely NOT.

I think I would like to take this strange opportunity and see where it leads.

The life of a writer is rarely exciting so this is pretty neat.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment