Thursday, April 09, 2009

I am losing

Day 224 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

But it’s not what you might think.

I have been walking my daughter to school and back for the past three days, a journey which adds up to around 6 kilometers all told.

As Maxwell would say . . . “And . . . Loving it!”

I’ve also managed to keep to my writing regiment equally as well.

I know this is early days yet, but I am taking this whole "working-from-home" thing very, very seriously. It is, after all, my new full time job.

The short story I’m currently massaging should be ready for consumption in a few days, and then it’s off to the publishers for a look, and hopefully, a buy.

Oh, but back to the “losing” part.

The losing I speak of is not confidence or self-esteem or money at the race track - no the losing I speak of is weight, and not just from worry, but from all the walking coupled with proper eating. I’ve had more time to make healthful lunches and suppers for the family, and the good nutrition is paying off in body and brain fuel.

Did I mention the “loving it” part yet?

I am a bit discouraged by my wrist though. It is taking longer to heal than I would like. It’s going to be another week, maybe two, before I can put enough weight on it to do a proper push up.

I am so looking forward to getting back to my exercise routine involving weights, push ups, sit ups and of course, the mini trampoline . . .

I may be getting to the age where young kids look at me and say, “you’re really old”, but I don’t have to physically deteriorate to satisfy them that they are right.

Well, writing needs to happen so I best be getting at it.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment