Friday, April 10, 2009

hours two

Day 225 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

That’s how many hours I’m working on writing each day, every day, all this month - without fail.

I’m sort of machine-like that way (ask anyone that followed me during NaNoWriMo 2007). Once I set a specific goal, nothing much stops me from achieving it.

2 hours may not sound like much, but my brain cells tend to heat up to dangerous levels if I exceed that length of time. I will be working up to 4 hours per day come August - with the installation of more efficient heat sinks - but for now I’m limiting myself to 2 hours to avoid burnout.

And I am getting a lot done. My short story is really shaping up. I think by next week it will be sent out in the hopes of seeing print.

Then I’m on to finishing the editing of my Post Apocalyptic novel, with the a re-write to be completed by July 1st which was my original goal - and I’m sticking to it.

So, what have I been doing with all my other hours this week?

Some cleaning, some cooking, some walking, some shopping, some reading and some DVD watching - and NO commuting!

Well, being a long weekend starting today, I will need to cut this short so I can get in my 2 hours of writing and then spend the rest of the day doing fun family stuff.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment