Sunday, April 05, 2009

cleaning out the desk

Day 220 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

I’ve decided that today is a good day to go into the office and clean out my stuff.

I was going to wait until tomorrow, but I only want to go in then to sign my papers and say goodbye to those left behind. I would rather not be lugging out my stuff at the same time.

Cleaning out my desk will be a cleansing experience. It will be good for my soul - a purging if you will, a positive start to a new beginning.

Actually, the reality of my situation hasn’t quite registered yet. It seems like any old weekend right now. I suppose after a few weeks, when I have settled into my new routines, it will become the reality.

I’m very excited about having the opportunity to write full time, something I’ve always been toying with but never really embraced because of the fatigue and lack of time - and yah, fear.

Well, now I have the time. Lots and lots of time. Fear can take a hike.

It’s going to be equal parts scary and exciting, but I only have one life to live after all. And believe me, it’s never to late to start living the life you were meant to.

I’m off now to go find an appropriate box, hop in the car, and gather those fading memories of a previous life . . .

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment