Saturday, April 25, 2009

the chosen one

Day 240 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Well, it is going to happen.

A story of mine will be used to torme . . . um, educate?, kids in a high school.

I’m going to choose ‘The Treatment’ for three reasons.

1) It’s got some humour.

2) It’s got a twist ending.

3) It’s been published.

4) It’s short . . .

. . . who said I could count.

I haven’t been asked specifically to come into the class and read it or show up at all and talk about writing as a career choice - but I can suggest it.

Not sure about it though.

Think I should?

It might be good for me to learn humility from high school teens - god knows I would likely have the sum total of zero in common with them.

Could be an experience - or a living nightmare.

So, I best look ‘The Treatment’ over one more time before I shoot it off to the teacher. Oh, and you can read it right here - on the sidebar under ‘My Short Stories’ if you like.

Kind of excited and horrified at the same time.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment