Saturday, April 04, 2009

cast away

Day 219 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, reptiles and marsupials - what follows is a special 3 word Twisted Mind announcement . . .

I

AM

FREE!

Friday April 3rd was officially my last day of cube-squatting!

What does it all mean?

Poverty, soup kitchens and cardboard boxes I should think . . .

. . . but not for a year or two anyhow.

It means I can turn my twisted mind’s energies toward personal, meaningful goals (not other’s goals) and fulfil my destiny - you know, less the severed hand or falling in love with a sister I never knew I had . . . or something . . .

But I would be lying to you if I didn’t tell you I’m feeling a bit of horror right alongside the immense joy.

I’ve always said the fear of poverty would boost my writing output to new levels - and by gosh I think it will, because the alternative is just not thinkable.

So, this year you will see a frenzied writing output increase borne of desperation and impending doom. I see it as a challenge - not unlike jumping the Snake River Canyon with a rocket-powered motorcycle . . ., er, bad example. How about the 70s Elvis comeback maybe?

Things will be pretty chaotic for a bit as I reorganize my time and life . . .

-My Time and Life-

Man that sounds good!

I think I can best sum up whats going through my twisted brain by siting 2, Star Trek: The Search for Spock, movie moments.

The first has me squatting in the cube taking in the news and current environment. Think of me as a Klingon raider, searching the bridge of the Enterprise - and just what the hell is the Enterprise’s computer voice saying in the background anyhow? I patch it through to my superior officer - Immediately, over my communicator comes Krag’s voice, and he yells, “Get out of there! Get out of there now!”

The second moment would be Kirk standing on the Genesis planet beside Bones, looking up at the sky to see the Enterprise breaking up, a falling, fiery ball of destruction heading for total annihilation. Kirk says, “my god, what have I done?” Skip Bone’s lines though, they kind of sucked . . .

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment