Sunday, March 15, 2009

structures

Day 199 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

Had a great time last night at our monthly reading night. There were only four of us, but that allowed us much more discussion time on each story read and the art of writing itself.

Without getting into any tedious details, I found the plot and story element discussions afterwards particularly rewarding. I am going to re-write a short story I wrote for last night and read it again next month (with all the changes) for the whole group.

Our group, when all are present, numbers 11.

Not too huge, but not too small either. Just right, I’d say.

If you are a writer and you can have an opportunity to read your work in front of others - I would heartily suggest it.

You will improve your oral skills and get instant feeback on what you wrote.

Well, much to do, and not as much time as I’d like,

So . . .

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment