Wednesday, March 11, 2009

squeaky wheel

Day 195 of 365 in the “Marathon of the Dope” . . .

.....................................................................................................

The squeaky wheel gets the grease?

I say, the squeaky wheel gets replaced!

And so I found out yesterday that our furnace is on its last legs. The flux capacitor, phase converter and quantum singularity drive coupling are in rough shape – add to that a leaking secondary heat exchanger and voila, dying machine . . .

No biggy.

Furnaces are only about 5,000 bucks . . .

I’ll just bend over and pull that out of my butt.

Or, maybe I could go to our government and ask them for a bailout package?

It’s only 5 Gs, I mean, Harper’s lunch each day costs about the same . . .

Well, I won’t think more about it. The prognosis is that the old furnace will limp through the rest of this cold season, but come next fall I’ll need to have it replaced.

Just another day in the life . . .

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment